I’m being moody and listening to the Ron Pope Pandora. Hit it while it’s hot, friends.
Because you all haven’t been able to see my shining face in 3+ months. Three cheers for bad haircuts.
Hi people. So I left for… a while. A long while. Perhaps the longest mile depending on how much you like reading my angst poetry (hah). Anyway, hello again. I’m back for the time being; the holidays are coming so my life has partially slowed. Here’s an update on all the things that happened while I was AWOL:
1. I accidentally got the worst haircut ever.
2. I got published.
3. I got a dog named Henry.
4. I got published again.
5. I got a tattoo.
6. I bought/wore overalls all summer.
7. I started going to bed at 9:30 p.m.
8. I watched a LOT of American Horror Story/Dexter.
9. I antagonized a professor by accident.
10. I got drunk in Memphis with a bunch of cynical journalists who were 10+ years older than me.
11. I saw J Roddy Walston and the Business live, and I fangirl’d all night long.
12. The bassist from a band RECOGNIZED me. It was kind of creepy and amazing all at the same time.
13. I discovered my favorite “mixed drink” (that phrase just sounds lame) is a Moscow Mule. It tastes like ginger ale, so I’m pretty much 85.
14. I threw pottery on a wheel like Patrick Swayze.
15. I got moderately not shitty at yoga.
Anyway, there are more things, but I shan’t bore you with the rest. It’s good to be back, ladies and gentlemen.
Well I think I’ve reached the point where it’s time to retire this blog. Thank you for being such avid followers and supporters of my angsty writing. If you’d like my email, to stay in contact, just hit up my ask box.
I hate to admit that I actually like when you kiss down my spine. Sometimes I even feel myself melt, so maybe I’m not such an ice princess after all.
I just want someone to write me letters, but mostly I want them to mean the words they scrawl.
Anonymous asked: Confidence is sexy.
Aye aye captain.
I keep hearing that vulnerability is an asset, but man, it feels like bullshit.
When we were sixteen, you told me that your religion was loving me, and you would pay homage to my eyes. You worshipped my body in such sinful ways, and I reveled in the prayer. As I grew older, I traded you in for a crucifix and a seat near the tabernacle. I repented all my sins; I repented you.